Saturday 23 April 2011

Once upon a time there was a young girl

Who was frequently given stitching to do - kits, with instructions.
From time to time these would come out of the round butter biscuit tin from my wardrobe & worked upon.
I'm not sure of the order things were completed & I know I am missing my favourite piece, but if/when I find it again, I'll share.

There was a long stitch piece:
I'm pretty sure the next two pieces were the kind which had the image painted on the fabric:
Then first cross-stitches:
The K is showing signs of age... but this could because it is about 25 years old.

You may see a bit of a theme, of purple & cats, my family knows that purple is my favourite colour & they think I like cats... I'm not sure why, never had one as a kid - although I have been known to sneeze like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment